You are here

The Chateau Lednice

The Chateau Lednice and its large English-style park is one of the most beautiful complexes in the Czech Republic. The Liechtenstein family acquired the whole estate in 1249 and they have owned it for nearly 700 years. The chateau was originally built as the fortress and it was rebuilt in Renaissance style in the 16th century. Already at that time, the large chateau's garden was created around the chateau. The chateau went through an important adjustment in the late 17th century when it was adapted to the Baroque style according to the plans by the Italian architect Domenico Martinelli and John Bernhard Fischer von Erlach. The chateau gained its present appearance, which is based on the neo-Gothic style, during the extensive reconstruction in the mid of the 19th century.

There is a large English-style greenhouse on the right side of the Chateau Lednice which was built in the years 1834 – 1835. The chateau gardens, that were created in the nearly 19th century, are situated around the chateau.

For more information see http://www.zamek-lednice.com/en/