The Chateau Lednice and its large English-style park is one of the most beautiful complexes in the Czech Republic. The Liechtenstein family acquired the whole estate in 1249 and they have owned it for nearly 700 years. The castle was originally built as a fortress and it was rebuilt in Renaissance style in the 16th century. Already at that time, the large chateau's garden was created. The chateau went through an important adjustment in the late 17th century when it was adapted to the Baroque style according to plans by the Italian architect Domenico Martinelli and John Bernhard Fischer von Erlach. The chateau gained its present appearance, which is based on the neo-Gothic style, during the extensive reconstruction in the years 1846 – 1858 according to plans by architect George Wingelmüller.
The chateau building is richly decorated in the neo-Gothic style. The decoration of the interiors is equally spectacular. There are the original antique furniture and the carved coffered ceilings in the chateau rooms. You can see also an impressive wooden staircase in the library that led to the princes's bedroom and that was produced without using a single nail. There are marble fireplaces in most common rooms.
There is a large English-style greenhouse on the right side of the Chateau Lednice which was built in the years 1834 – 1835. The chateau's gardens, that were created in the nearly 19th century, are situated around the chateau. It contains many uncommon species of woody plants, a lot of ponds and interesting buildings (e.g. Minaret – the oldest Moravian lookout tower built in 1798, Janův hrad – the imitations of the castle ruins, or The Hunting Chateau). The Chateau Lednice is one of the most important buildings of the Romanticism in our country. It was included on the World Heritage List on the 7th of December, 1996.
Zámecký hotel Lednice realizoval projekt č. CZ.1.11/2.1.00/02.00453 za podpory EÚ, JMK a ROP. Budova hotelu patří k zámeckému areálu a je součástí národní kulturní památky "Zámek Lednice".